Saturday, September 17, 2005

La.Tech Game notes

Things I liked:
Wynn's speed. Shedding some extra pounds this summer sure has helped. If Wynn stays healthy, I expect to him to get the ball several times when we are in the red zone.
Things I didnt like:
*Special teams. This is something that hasn't changed from the Zook era. I wudnt worry about the missed extra points. I think Nappy would take care of that this week. But punt/kickoff coverage has continued to be bad.
*I must have jinx'd this. Last week's penalties:9-85
Things of concern:
*Webb has to catch those interceptions.
*Wilbur's kickoff- Im not sure about this, but did we have a touchback at all in the last 2 games ?
Suprises:
Wynn's TD reception. He caught that ball pretty darn good.
Things I expect to see against UT:
*Handful of trick plays. Caldwell throwing a pass could be one of them
*Portis in more option plays
*Hetland would continue to kick the FGs but Nappy would take over for PATs
*Clausen/Ainge would be smothered by our D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home