Saturday, October 08, 2005

Alabama Game Notes

Well it seems the Gators wanted to answer some of the questions I had in my last post.

-Can Leak throw when he's under constant pressure ?
Big NO

-When's Manson going to start ?
He better be starting today against Miss.State. After watching him in the Orange & Blue games, I have always believed that he should be our starting RB. Too bad we found this out the hard way. A good running game, as everybody knows, goes a long way in helping to setup the passing game. This would have definitely taken the pressure off Leak and allow him settle down, particularly in such hostile road games.

Other things that doomed us-
-Numerous missed tackles
-On top of his inaccuracy, Leak clearly wasn't zipping his passes sometimes. It took an eternity sometimes for the receiver to catch the ball. I have never seen him throw like that.

Things I liked-
Eric Hetland nailing his only FG attempt. When most of the team was in panic mode, this guy gets it done as always. Coach-Time to give him a scholarship.

This and that-
I cant believe I overlooked my own 'October Jinx' theory. I really thought maybe this is the year we break em. Anyways Coach Im warning you an year in advance. Please watch out for next year's game against LSU which falls on Oct 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home