Saturday, October 29, 2005

Post Wilma

Well, finally power is back in my place. After spending the most part of this week as a vagabond around North/Central Florida, Im back in South Fla.
Wilma woke me up around 530AM Monday with a loud knock on my balcony door and kept me on my toes pretty much during its entirety. I under-estimated the storm bigtime and started panicking as the storm began to unravel. We lost power within an hour and things went downhill quickly from there. Yeah, literally downhill, as my satellite dishes followed by the roof shingles started flying. Wilma picked up more pace after her eye passed over us. But in spite of the higher wind speeds, it felt much better as the winds were uni-directional and were parallel to my apartment.
After Wilma had her way with South Florida, I went around looking for my satellite dishes. I found one of them right underneath my apartment and the other 3 blocks away, floating in the nearby lake. Fortunately, no other damage to report from my side.
In spite of being a lucky few to have the power restored, Im not sure where I will be able to watch the Cocktail party. Comcast is down and most of my buddies dont have their dishes in the right direction. If Bestbuy is open, probably I would buy an antenna. If that doesn't work out, Mick Hubert is the only option out there for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home